Open fires - essential precautions.
At Swanage Bijou camping we allow open fires and bar-b-queues in the camping field. . .
and they may be in the vicinity of your tent but they MUST be:-
- contained by one of our fire trays, or you can use your own if comparable in size,
- raised off the ground by two bricks ON EDGE (provided by us) or higher,
- at least three meters away from your own tent and four from any one elses,
- there are numerous firepoints with water and extinguishers on poles around the site, please locate your nearest before starting any fire.
- no fires can be permitted if the weather is too windy or the ground too dry.
- if in doubt don't light your fire until you have come to reception for advice.
The idea is to provide a controlled enjoyable camping ambience and an opportunity for kids to toast marshmallows, NOT celebrate Guy Fawkes (even though he had the right idea!! :-) )
Common sense and caution must prevail otherwise this lovely facility may be lost.
Please be safe, considerate and thoughtful.